When to use which chart type?
Use this chart selection tool to decide which chart type(s) will work best for your data.
What would you like to show in your graph or chart?
You can select one or more purposes in the first column.
- ComparisonYou want to compare one set of values with another.
- CompositionYou want to show how various parts of the data comprise the whole
- DistributionYou want to show the distribution of a set of values (to understand the outliers, normal ranges etc.)
- DeviationYou want to see which values deviate from the norm.
- RelationshipYou want to show the relationship between 2 or more variables
- TrendYou want to understand the trend over time of some data variables.
No. of values
- 1 to 6
- 7 or more
Suitable chart type(s)
- Sorry, no chart type matches your selection criteria. Deselect one or more of the options to find a match again